Bookkeeper – Resolute Management Services
Location: Chicago (in person)
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute. seeks to hire a Bookkeeper in its Chicago office. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and support our executive team. This position is a full-time, in-person engagement but we would consider part-time for a qualified candidate.
This position serves a critical role for the bookkeeping of the Resolute family of companies in addition to managed client entities.
Our family of companies includes Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic advisory firm founded in 2002; Resolute Strategic Services (RSS), a risk-analysis and cyber incident advisory firm and includes Resolute CyberStrategies, a cyber incident crisis communications advisory; Resolute-DC, a federal government relations and lobbying firm; Resolute Consulting, a firm that works with the federal government in the national security space; Resolute Ventures, the corporate parent for all Resolute companies; and Resolute Management Services, the vehicle for Resolute companies to rationalize overhead and support personnel.
This position requires management of business-related tasks for our executive team, including accounting and bookkeeping duties, creating firm financial/performance reports, office reception and general office management duties.
The applicant must be proficient in QuickBooks and will be responsible for recording and maintaining company’s financial accounts and records.
- Daily responsibilities include bookkeeping activities, such as invoicing, reconciliation of financial accounts and tracking of expenditures and payments.
- Tracking and managing financial data, including:
- Maintain accurate financials on accounts payables and receivables
- Daily financial entries and reconciliations
- Manage and prepare timesheets
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for executive team
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm
- Manage and reconcile employee credit card statements
- Performing general office duties including managing incoming phone calls
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, including emails, letters
- Providing general administrative support, including greeting visitors
- Strong QuickBooks proficiency and basic accounting understanding
- Demonstrated bookkeeping experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize a daily workload
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in complex or matrixed organizations, preferably with experience supporting business strategy and/or operations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, math, economics, relevant financial studies or applicable certification in finance or accounting
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolute Management Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.