Business Manager – Resolute Family of Companies
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Family of Companies seeks to hire a Business Manager, located in its Chicago, IL office. This position will report to the Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer, and serve a critical role for the administering, operational performance and growth of the Resolute Family of Companies and operational affiliates.
Our family of companies includes Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic advisory firm founded in 2002; Resolute Strategic Services (RSS), a risk-analysis and cyber incident advisory firm and includes Resolute CyberStrategies, a cyber incident crisis communications advisory; Resolute DC, a federal government relations and lobbying firm; Resolute Consulting, a firm that works with the federal government in the national security space; Resolute Ventures, the corporate parent for all Resolute companies; and Resolute Management Services, the vehicle for Resolute companies to rationalize overhead and support personnel.
- Responsible for monthly client invoicing, accounts payable and receivable and the administrative client relationship
- Manage outside accounting, human resource and information technology consultants
- Promote and lead knowledge management and infrastructure efforts, including but not limited to shared drive, SharePoint, and other collaborative tools or platforms
- Manage the day-to-day office operations of all Resolute locations
- Help hire and manage an assistant to help execute responsibilities
- Work with the Managing Partner and firm leadership / executive team to support the development and tracking of strategic plans and priorities, including cross-business planning processes
- Plan key internal meetings and offsites, including weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings that will achieve identified strategic priorities. Responsibilities include setting agendas, identifying, inviting, and prepping speakers or panels, putting together briefing materials, and ensuring timely follow up on items
- Create and coordinate inputs and preparation for presentations, briefings, and progress reports for senior leaders, including reporting on priorities and accomplishments
- Develop and implement processes to measure and evaluate impact of key engagement and advocacy initiatives
- Support critical management priorities, execution of cross-departmental projects, and other functional needs around real estate, hiring, finances, etc.
- Work with leadership on recruitment, development, and training initiatives and processes including talent planning, internship programs, mentorship efforts, manager engagement, etc.
- Support and drive change management initiatives, and proactively identify opportunities for process or management systems improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or advanced degree in related field a plus
- Requires work experience of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in complex or matrixed organizations, preferably with experience supporting business strategy and/or operations
- Results-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint and Excel, in particular) to support effective communications, reporting, and analysis; demonstrated attention to detail in work product
- Proficient in the use of Quickbooks
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work effectively across functions and levels and to indirectly lead and gain consensus on process or project outcomes
- Experience presenting to and communicating with senior management
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including past projects and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resolute Management Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.