Marketing Communications Writer
Location: Remote (company is based in Chicago, IL)
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic communications firm, seeks a Marketing Communications Writer. You will be part of an award-winning team that works on high-profile issues in a wide range of sectors throughout the country.
We seek a skilled strategic writer to complement our new business and marketing teams through proposal development, website content development and digital marketing efforts and other relevant communications in support of the Resolute family of companies.
The ideal candidate possesses superior writing and persuasion skills; experience in grant writing and/or new business proposal development, understanding of communications strategy and the ability to translate it into disciplined, compelling content. The Marketing Communications Writer will work closely with executive leadership and requires strong verbal communications skills, confidence to ask relevant questions in order to complete assignments and working in a collaborative environment.
- Assist in the development of new business proposals, the firm’s response to RFPs and new business presentations
- Keep abreast of issues, people, economic/political/cultural trends and ideas that can inform our work
- Assist with communication plans for the firm including e-marketing, social media, earned media, paid media, and events
- Support the firm’s marketing efforts through strategic, compelling communications: website, email marketing, social media, brochures
- Conduct thoughtful, thorough research in support of new business efforts
- Outstanding writing, editing, and communications skills
- 4+ years experience as a grant writer or marketing/new business writer for a public affairs firm, advertising/marketing agency, nonprofit organization, or political campaign
- Ability to grasp concepts, ideas, issues and translate for a variety of audiences
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Experience crafting communications with an eye toward professional design
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal relationship skills
- Confident and comfortable working in fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines,
- Understanding of new business development, branding and marketing
- Experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap, etc.)
- Strong interest in local, national, world events and issues
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Excels at organizational management and functioning with a disciplined focus to the workday and business goals
- Strategic, commercial and prudent in approach with the judgment to involve the team but the ability to make decisions
- A clear, articulate and persuasive communicator with the presence and confidence to operate effectively both inside and outside the firm
- Good listener who is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo constructively
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A clear, articulate and persuasive communicator with the presence and confidence to operate effectively both inside and outside the firm.
- Team player who easily collaborates with colleagues
- High-energy self-starter, robust thinker
- Perceptive, creative and hard-working
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including past projects and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resolute Public Affairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute Public Affairs expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.