Office Executive Administrator – Resolute. Family of Companies
Location: Chicago (in person)
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute. seeks to hire an Executive Administrator to be located in its Chicago office. This position will report to the Managing Partner and support our executive team. This position serves a critical role in the administration of office operations and overall firm performance.
This position requires in-person attendance and management of business-related tasks for our firm’s executive leadership, including overseeing office operations and human resources efforts, accounting and bookkeeping duties, creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation, taking minutes, scheduling, event support, and other organizational tasks.
The applicant should be proficient in QuickBooks, possess a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office Suite, prioritizing phone calls and emails, possess strong copy-editing and proof-reading abilities and be adept at solving problems. To be considered for this position, the applicant must have prior experience as an executive or administrative assistant.
Executive Support (60%)
- Support Managing Partner as needed in preparing for public engagements, internal or external meetings, conducting research and other similar tasks
- Manage organizational communication, scheduling and logistics for key internal events such as board meetings, staff meetings and management meetings
- Proactively consider needs related to calendar, travel and speaking engagements
- On behalf of the Managing Partner, provide essential support to firm executives including as needed serving as key point of contact, coordinating meeting logistics, and communications and materials development.
- As appropriate, provide other administrative support to other executive team members in terms of management of meeting logistics, making travel arrangements and coordinating schedules
- Other administrative duties as needed
Office Management (25%)
- Performing office duties including managing incoming phone calls and managing records database
- Serve as key point of contact for office vendors, such as maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment repair while monitoring and maintaining inventory of necessary office supplies
- Maintain and update office phone list, email distribution lists and similar systems
- In partnership with firm leadership, continually look for ways to evolve and improve operational efficiency of systems and processes impacting staff and office operations
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence
- Providing general administrative support, including greeting visitors
Other Support (15%)
- Providing event support and planning, including meetings, staff events and others as needed. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support and invoice / billing management
- Performing minor accounting duties, including preparing financial statements, reports, memos, monthly / annual invoice letters and other firm financial documents
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization leadership team with special projects as needed. May include projects in HR, recruiting, marketing, development, finance or programs
- High school diploma required, with bachelor’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated experience as executive assistant, executive administrator or other relevant administrative support experience
- Familiarity and proficiency with QuickBooks and basic accounting practices involving monthly invoices
- Detailed understanding of full Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to organize and prioritize a daily workload
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in complex or matrixed organizations, preferably with experience supporting business strategy and/or operations
- Results-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
Please send a cover letter, resume and relevant work samples to: email@example.com
Resolute Management Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.