Medical Home Network 2019 Ideas Exchange Conference
Medical Home Network (MHN) is a Chicago-based healthcare innovations organization that has developed a transformative model of healthcare delivery for underserved populations in Cook County. Through its technologies, public private partnerships, and seamless care coordination, MHN has proven it can improve the health outcomes of patients while at the same time reducing overall healthcare costs.
Even with its performance track record, MHN was flying below the national radar as a healthcare innovator and thought leader. To break through to a national audience, Resolute was engaged to help MHN convene its first national conference aimed at C-level healthcare executives. The first Ideas Exchange conference was held in 2018. Following the success of the first conference, Resolute was re-engaged to strengthen the reach and impact of the second annual Ideas Exchange while maintaining the CEO’s vision of an intimate gathering of healthcare leaders.
Strategy and Tactics:
Resolute provided in-depth strategic counsel from event conception to post-event wrap-up, and managed all event logistics including:
- Working in tandem with MHN senior staff to identify and secure leading healthcare and innovations experts for speaking roles.
- Developing an aggressive targeted marketing plan that attracted national C-level healthcare decision-makers to the conference.
- Identifying an innovative, state-of-the-art venue to hold the conference.
- Producing all creative content for the conference to elevate MHN’s brand throughout the event.
- Positioning MHN as an innovator and technological leader, through the use of a conference app that created a paperless conference.
- Collaborating with MHN staff to create smaller breakout sessions for meaningful opportunities for conference attendees to network and share ideas.
The 2019 Ideas Exchange saw a 30% increase in attendance over the previous year with more than 260 people attending the conference representing 118 organizations and 15 states.
Thirty-five nationally respected healthcare influencers and disruptors presented including:
- Eric Langshur, Co-Founder & CEO of AVIA
- Marc Berg, MD, PhD, Partner, Center for Healthcare Innovation, McKinsey & Co.
- Omar Nagii, Head of Healthcare Partnerships, Lyft
- Kavita Patel, MD, MS, VP of Payer and Provider Integration, Johns Hopkins Health Systems
Most importantly, MHN leadership believed that the success of the conference strengthened its national profile as an innovative leader in driving culture transformation, achieving value in the safety net and reshaping care delivery.