Location: Chicago preferred
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic advisory firm, is seeking a Graphic Designer to be part of our award-winning creative team. We are leaders in issue advocacy, branding and marketing, coalition building, grassroots organizing, crisis communications and moving stakeholders to action. Resolute offers a fast-paced environment that challenges the existing status quo to ensure successful outcomes for clients.
At Resolute, a Graphic Designer works on a creative team to deliver design and production of a variety of graphic-driven projects for a diverse client base including Chicago cultural organizations, national associations, and high-profile issue campaigns. Work includes website development (WordPress), brochures, social media ads, advertising, infographics, annual reports, logos, newsletters, promotions and the development of other marketing collateral both print and electronic.
We seek a talented individual who believes he/she has the passion for a career in graphic design and the skills to hit the ground running as an important part of creative team.
- 3-4 years experience working for Design/Advertising/Branding firm
- Experience in design using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Experience designing and developing websites using WordPress
- Solid working knowledge of design, branding, marketing and advertising
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with an emphasis in Graphic Design
Technical Graphics Skills
- Thorough understanding and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficiency and experience in Word Press – understanding the process to develop websites from both a technical and design process
- Strong understanding of online/digital design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with HTML, CSS, web standards, and designing for HTML email and web advertising a big plus
- Understanding of printing process and ability to prepare art files appropriately
Graphic Design Skills
- Identify and convey core messages through graphic design
- Create compelling graphic narratives through layout, images, copy treatment, font styles, hierarchy, subheads
- Understands print design principles (layout, typography, branding & corporate identity)
- Demonstrates a strong aesthetic understanding of graphic communications both
print and digital
Please send a cover letter, resume and a link to online portfolio:
Resolute Management Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.