Senior Account Executive – Resolute DC
Location: Washington, D.C.
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic communications firm, seeks a Senior Account Executive. Our team works on high-profile issues nationwide, applying our extensive experience to ensure our clients succeed. We are leaders in issue advocacy, coalition building, grassroots organizing, high-impact media relations, digital strategies and online advocacy, association management and moving stakeholders to action.
Senior Account Executives provide support across client teams, serving in supervisory roles under the direction of our senior executives. The ideal candidate for this full-time position possesses excellent strategic writing, oral communication skills, attention to detail and strong project management, with outreach and media relations experience. Previous experience working on political and/or advocacy-based campaigns a plus. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of multiple client projects, anticipating challenges, providing support to Client Lead and meeting deadlines
- Produce concise business writing (internal and external) including agendas, status reports, project recaps, monthly reports
- Provide meaningful contributions to the creation of communications and outreach plans that reflect the strategic approach and achieve client goals
- Identify appropriate external audiences to support Resolute clients and projects
- Develop communications work plans with supervision from Client Lead
- Develop and implement outreach strategies, with the ability to build relationships via strategic communications
- Compose and edit news releases and media pitches
- Develop, plan and supervise media events, news conferences, and other earned media opportunities
- Conduct thoughtful, thorough research on issues, people, and political/cultural/social environments
- Proven experience (3+ years) in public affairs, communications, related professions or political campaigns
- Experience in supervisory position, particularly among junior personnel
- Superior strategic writing, editing, and communications skills
- Familiarity with media relations, media writing, pitching stories
- Ability to grasp concepts, ideas and issues and translate for a variety of audiences
- Fluent in social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and interpersonal relationship skills
- Confident and comfortable working in fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking
- Strong interest in media, trends, communications
- Strong interest in local, national, world events and issues
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excels at organizational management and functioning with a disciplined focus to the workday and business goals.
- Strategic and prudent in approach with the judgment to involve the team but the ability to make decisions.
- Good listener who is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo constructively
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A clear, articulate and persuasive communicator with the presence and confidence to operate effectively both inside and outside the firm.
- Team player who easily collaborates with colleagues
- High-energy self-starter, robust thinker
- Perceptive, creative and hard-working.
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including past projects and writing samples to:
Resolute Public Affairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute Public Affairs expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.