Vice President – Resolute Public Affairs
Location: Washington, D.C.
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Public Affairs, a national public affairs and strategic advisory firm, is seeking a Vice President to assist in managing its Washington, D.C. activities. We are leaders in issue advocacy, coalition building, grassroots organizing, and moving stakeholders to action. Resolute Public Affairs offers a fast-paced environment that challenges the existing status quo to ensure successful outcomes for clients.
Vice Presidents play a critical role in ensuring successful client engagements. They function as key leaders in staff and project management while demonstrating advanced strategic thinking capabilities, excellent oral and written communications skills, and high levels of organizational management. Vice Presidents serve as the day-to-day operations team leads of our skilled public affairs professionals, assist in developing campaign plans and actively engage with our clients.
Our ideal candidate is a talented, performance-driven individual who will excel as a leader of a dynamic team. Growth opportunities within the firm are achieved by those candidates displaying excellent performance across the public affairs skills set.
Candidates must be hard-working, detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once in a supervisory capacity. They are expected to have strong critical and analytical capabilities, strategic thinking and writing skills and staff and project management experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years in senior or managerial positions in relevant fields: public policy, legislative / governmental affairs, political campaigns / issue advocacy, non-profit administration, public relations, federal, state or local government
- Experience in creating campaign plans, ensuring projects meets deadlines and engagement deliverables are met
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and supervise performance of other team members
- Advanced strategic writing skills, ability to produce high-quality internal and external communications
- Strong oral communication skills, with ability to strengthen and maintain client relationships while providing internal guidance to team members
- Strong research and analytical skills, with understanding of research tools and appropriate uses
- Working knowledge of print, digital and social media, with ability to manage public relations strategies
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including past projects and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolute Public Affairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Resolute is committed to a safe working environment. If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless a recognized medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
Resolute Public Affairs expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.